Well Woman Visit Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment.
- Are you having regular periods? When was the date of your last menstrual period?
- Are you having any problems with your period, like cramps or heavy flow?
- Are you sexually active? If so, what method of birth control are you using? Do you have more than one partner?
- Are you having any concerning symptoms?
- Do you feel safe at home and in your relationships?
- Do you smoke, vape or use tobacco or nicotine products? How often?
- How many alcoholic drinks do you have in an average week?
- Over the past two weeks, have you felt down, depressed, or hopeless?
- What is your diet and physical activity level like? Does it seem hard to eat healthier or be more active?
- What is the best form of birth control for me?
- How can I protect myself from STDs (sexually transmitted diseases)?
- How often do I need a well woman visit?
- How often do I need screening exams, including Pap smear, mammogram or bone scan?
- Are there any immunizations I need?
- How do I perform breast self-exams?
- What is my risk of female diseases or disorders, such as infertility, uterine fibroids, menstrual irregularities, osteoporosis, or breast, cervical or endometrial cancer?
- What changes do I need to make to live healthier?
- Where can I find help for a mental health issue?
- When do I need to see you again?