Bone Fracture Appointment Guide
Ask the right questions at your next doctor’s appointment. Answer two questions below to personalize your appointment guide.
- Please describe the symptoms and issues you’re having that led you to schedule this online appointment. Start at the beginning of this current episode and tell me how and when things have changed and progressed.
- Has your pain improved? What number would you give your pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain you have ever had?
- How does it feel when you move it?
- Are you able to perform all your daily activities? Are there any you have trouble doing?
- Are you having problems with swelling, stiffness, numbness or tingling?
- Describe how the injury happened. What did you feel or hear during the injury?
- Rate your pain on a scale of 1 to 10, with 10 being the worst pain you have ever had?
- Did the pain start immediately or has it been gradually getting worse?
- What other symptoms besides pain are you experiencing? Any swelling, stiffness, numbness, or tingling? How severe are these symptoms?
- Were there any other injuries related to this incident? Did you remain conscious?
- What makes the pain or other symptoms better or worse?
- How well is your medication controlling your pain?
- What new symptoms are you experiencing?
- Have you recently started a new activity or exercise? Have you increased the intensity of an existing activity?
- Do my symptoms mean I have fracture? What tests do I need?
- What treatment options are available if it is a fracture?
- Is it likely that I have other injuries?
- Should I see an orthopedic surgeon or other specialist?
- Are there other injuries in addition to the fracture?
- Will I need surgery?
- How long will I need to wear a cast or brace? How do I care for it?
- What activities should I avoid during healing?
- Will physical therapy help my healing?
- How should I protect the area in the future?
- Could a different medicine relieve my pain better?
- Could my new or different symptoms be related to my bone fracture?
- Will it be necessary to have surgery to restore normal bone position?