Think you know everything about adult ADHD? Watch this video to find out more interesting facts.
5 Things You Didn’t Know About Adult ADHD
1. 8 million Americans have adult ADHD.But experts believe there may be even more, as many adults with ADHD go undiagnosed.
2. ADHD symptoms can change with age.Inattentiveness and impulsivity may linger as kids with ADHD become adults, but hyperactivity often fades over time.
3. Medications and therapy are effective treatments for adult ADHD.Medications alone can help manage ADHD symptoms, but combining them with talk therapy leads to the best results.
4. Lifestyle changes make a big impact on adult ADHD.Exercising and eating a diet low in sugar helps manage hyperactivity and inattention.
5. Good sleep hygiene is key for managing adult ADHD.Lack of sleep can make ADHD symptoms worse. Healthy sleep patterns help you stay focused all day.
Turn to Healthgrades to connect with the right psychiatrist for your adult ADHD.And share this video to help spread the word about adult ADHD!
Medical Reviewers:William C. Lloyd III, MD, FACS Review Date:09-17-2017